On August 2, 2017 in its 10-Q, FMC Corp (FMC) noted that it would continue to operate its Lithium segment as a standalone business and intended to spin-off the segment in the future. In February 2018, FMC Corp announced that it planned to IPO 15% of its Lithium business in late Q3/Q4 2018, which IPO’d under the name Livent Corp (LTHM) in October 2018. It intends to spin-off the remaining 85% stake in early-to-mid 2019 (March 1, 2019 target date).

Are you a member but not signed in? Click here to sign into your account.

Not a Member yet? Click here to learn about our service.

Our Members enjoy exclusive access to detailed analysis on under-the-radar spin-offs before they are profiled on Seeking Alpha, Value Investor Club, or SumZero.

Join Now