Daimler Spin-off (Truck Business) NotesRich Howe2021-02-05T07:45:11-05:00
Daimler Spin-off (Truck Business) Notes
- Daimler announced that it will spin off a majority stake in its heavy truck business. It had previously been rumured that the the business would go public via an IPO but I view a spin-off as more attractive.
- The spin-off is expected to take place before year end.
- The remainco will be renamed Mercedes-Benz.
- The shares would be traded on the Frankfurt exchange.
- “Daimler’s truck unit could be worth about 29 billion euros ($35 billion) if valued at multiples similar to Volvo AB, although it would need to substantially improve returns to justify that valuation, Deutsche Bank analysts wrote in a January report. Sanford C. Bernstein estimated Wednesday that the business could be worth 35 billion euros.”
- Daimler’s current market cap is 69 billion euro.
- This is Daimler’s current valuation.
- As you can see, Daimler trades at a cheap valuation (EV/2020 revenue of 0.34x).
- The benefit of spinning of its Truck division, is Truck companies trade at higher multiples.
- Navistar International (NAV) is trading at an EV/202 revenue multiple of 1.04x.
- Traton (Volvo’s trucking business) IPO’d in 2019 and trades an EV/2020 revenue multiple of 1.04x.
- This is an interesting siituation that I will do more work on.
- Good articles:
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!